Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Romantic Nook...

Dark and dripping in romance is the fabulous Carmine's Caffe in Westwood. A favorite haunt of mine, I find myself at this Italian love nest more often than not. From the old world ambiance, to the stage perfect lighting to the fact it is steps from my home, this is one locale very dear to my heart. Step away from the worries of the world and let owners Carmine & Kim spoil you with delightful dishes, a warm and inviting bar and all the little things that make this talian spot, irresistable.

The perfect date spot in Westside that isn't going to see you draining your 401k to leave a tip. Although not necessarily a bargain, I think you will agree, the ambiance, the food and the mood, justify the means.

Stroll in past what seems to be an Old English door to the very personable bartenders, all eager to make you feel welcome and act as though, you've just arrived home. Give a nod to bartenders, Steve and Mike and find your wa
y into the dimly lit, romantic booths awaiting your every wish. As for appetizers you can't go wrong with any choice. The Baked Clams are lovely and the Shrimp Scampi a must have. On the entree front, I can not recommend the Filet highly enough. Cooked to perfection and laid over spinach, Pope blessed Mash Potatoes and Porcini Mushrooms, resulting in a romantic medly of their own.

Also worth mentioning is the Osso Bucco - served over Gnocci and the Chicken Pietro - layered chicken and eggplant parmesean. For after dinner, try any of their delicious, always seasonal desserts to set the night off.

You'll find me in the back corner booth, consumed in Italian heaven, fretting over how I can better serve my daters. Come over and say hello - assuming of course, I have finished my Filet.

Carmine's 2 Caffe - Westwood - (310) 441 - 4706